According to the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the overall economic effect of the use of digital technologies could exceed $ 25 billion per year. The greatest effect is expected in the services sector – up to $ 15 billion a year, and in the mining sector – up to $ 9 billion.
The first mining digital transformation conference “Mining Goes Digital – Kazakhstan” will be held on 14 September 2021 within the framework of the forum. The conference will offer a platform for assessing the economic effect of the broader introduction of digital technologies in mining and exploration in Kazakhstan and Central Asia. The conference will also showcase examples of digitalisation of mining and metallurgical and mining enterprises using artificial intelligence technologies, machine learning, big data analysis, digital and satellite monitoring systems, IoT, blockchain, etc.
Mining Goes Digital is a new platform in Kazakhstan and Central Asia for discussing challenges and prospects of mining modernisation in the era of digitalisation of the economy, growing demand for strategic metals and minerals, and increasing pressures to increase efficiency in all aspects of mining from data-to-date management of mining and exploration projects to state regulation and information disclosure.
The Conference was initially launched at MINEX Russia in 2019 and became the first in Russia international event offering insight into the digital transformation emerging in the country’s mining industry.
The conference programme will include a block of sessions where senior executives and experts will present trends, technologies and examples of digital transformation in the mining industry in Kazakhstan and Globally.
MineDigital competition of ideas, prototypes and projects will be organised as part of the Mining Goes Digital Conference. The Competition will help IT and Technology companies, start-ups and IT divisions of Mining and Metallurgical enterprises to promote the ideas and working prototypes of digital and robotisation technologies.
Conference Themes and Topics
- Prospects for the large-scale introduction of digital technologies in the mining industry in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
- The digital transformation of mining enterprises – focus on business objectives.
- Justifying investment. How to determine the potential effect of digitalisation and minimise the cost of its implementation.
- Industries 4.0: How to Connect a Production System to Digital Instruments.
- Developing the culture and staff competence in the 4.0 environment. The role of working skills in the digital economy.
- Examples of the use of artificial intelligence to increase the operational efficiency and integrated processes.
- The experience of companies in the application of digital technologies in pre-digital era built mining plants.
- Creation of industry digital innovation hubs.
- Examples of digital technology transfer from the oil and gas industries.
- The practice of using UAVs to control industrial facilities.
- The benefits of a single digital environment for managing geological information.
- Using conditional geological modeling to estimate resources.
- Automation of routine processes of sampling, measurement and testing at GOKs.
- Intelligent methods of uranium mining based on modeling.
- Building a digital platform for large scale construction.
- Creation of digital asset twins for monitoring and production management.
- Ecological and industrial safety of enterprises in the context of digitalisation.
- Digital technologies for mine monitoring and safety.
- Prospects for the use of satellite monitoring technologies in the mining industry.
- Risk management for mining mobile equipment.
- Forecasting incidents.
- Repair and maintenance of equipment, predictive analytics.
- Machine vision and machine learning in industrial production.
MINEX Kazakhstan Forum (13-14 September 2021)
* MINEX Kazakhstan Forum pass includes admission to the "Mining Goes Digital" conference
** Admission for exhibitors and sponsors is complimentary (as per agreed packages)
|In-person participation||Masterclasses||Forum *||Masterclasses + Forum *||Gala dinner|
|Business rate||200 USD||650 USD||800 USD||100 USD|
|Academic rate||100 USD||325 USD||400 USD||100 USD|
|Online participation||Masterclasses||Forum *||Masterclasses + Forum *||Gala dinner|
|Business rate||100 USD||325 USD||400 USD||n/a|
|Academic rate||0 USD||165 USD||200 USD||n/a|
"Mining Goes Digital" Conference (14 September 2021)
* Admission for exhibitors and sponsors is complimentary (as per agreed packages)
** Admission for the Forum delegates is complimentary
|Business rate in-person||Academic rate in-person|
|325 USD||165 USD|
|Business rate online||Academic rate online|
|165 USD||85 USD|
MineTech, MineDigital, MineEcho and MineInvest competitions **
* Presentation at the competition without participation in the Forum
** Presentation at the competitions is complimentary for exhibitors and sponsors (as per agreed packages) and Forum delegates
|Business rate (in-person & online) **||Academic rate (in-person & online) **|
|150 USD||75 USD|
Delegate Registration Terms
- Masterclass (14 September 2021) delegate fee includes attendance of all masterclasses, coffee breaks, lunch, use of simultaneous translation (Russian and English), access to online materials, drinks at the end of the master-classes day.
- Forum (13-14 September 2021) delegate fee includes admission at all sessions, coffee breaks, lunches, evening drinks, access to the online version of forum materials after the event, event app with meetings facilitation function, use of simultaneous translation (Russian and English).
- Mining Goes Digital Conference (14 September 2021) delegate fee includes admission at all conference sessions, coffee breaks, lunches, access to the online version of forum materials after the event, event app with meetings facilitation function, use of simultaneous translation (Russian and English).
- Gala Dinner (14 September 2021): The fee includes one unreserved seat at a table and an entertainment program during the dinner.
Delegate Registration Deadlines
- Delegates who wish to present at the Forum, MineInvest, MineDigital, MineEco or MineTech Invest competitions must complete registration before 12 August 2021 and submit a speaker form with a photo, short bio, and the synopsis of the presentation.
- Delegates wishing to attend the Forum and Master Classes without presentation must register before 9 April 2021.
Presentation at the Competitions
Participation with a presentation at the competitions for exhibitors, sponsors, and delegates of the forum is free. Organisation of presentations at the competitions for other categories of participants is paid. The fee includes the use of presentation equipment, announcement of the presentation in the forum printed and digital materials, publication of the presentation in the forum materials, distribution of the presentation with the forum materials among the MINEX Kazakhstan forum participants and the minexforum.com portal subscribers
The fees can be paid by debit or credit card (via Stripe or PayPal) or Bank Transfer.
Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to delegates or exhibitors who have failed to pay the fee prior to the Forum.
Delegate replacement or cancellation registered before 31 August 2021:
Delegate substitution can be made at any time. Delegate cancellations submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August 2021 will be subject to 15% administration fee. No refunds will be made after 31 August 2021. At the discretion of the Forum organisers a credit note can be issued in case of cancellation received after 31 August 2021.
Delegate replacement or cancellation registered after 31 August 2021:
Delegate substitution can be made at any time. Delegate cancellations submitted in writing to email@example.com before 15 October 2020 will be subject to 15% administration fee. No refunds will be made after 31 August 2021. At the discretion of the Forum organisers a credit note can be issued in case of cancellation received after 31 August 2021.