Plenary Session 3
16:30 – 18:00 / 15 September 2021 Sary Arka 1 Hall
Development of a "Green Economy" in the Mining Industry of Kazakhstan
Organised in partnership with the Republican Association of Mining and Mining and Metallurgical Enterprises (AGMP)
- New requirements for environmental responsibility and the development of a green economy in the mining industry – global trends and company experiences.
- The new environmental code in the Republic of Kazakhstan - the basic principles and mechanisms for their implementation.
- How the “polluter pays and resolves” principle will be implemented?
- New approaches to environmental impact assessment.
- Global Tailings Review – developing the fit-for-purpose global standard for the safer management of tailings.
- Innovative solutions for automated monitoring of environmental emissions.
- Practical examples of technology implementation to reduce the environmental footprint in the mining and metallurgical industry.
- Safety, sustainability and profitability: complex solutions for the reprocessing and enrichment of tails.
- Water monitoring – latest developments.
Deputy Executive Director
Republican Association of Mining and Metallurgical Enterprises
Financial Evaluation of Environmental Liabilities of Enterprises. Disturbed Land Remediation.
ESG: challenge or opportunity?
KPMG Tax and Advisory
Tailings Asset Management – Current Best Practice